This annual text provides instant access to the practice, procedure, and jurisprudence arising out of the Canadian Human Rights Act.
This is a useful reference for human rights, labour and employment law practitioners, and human resources professionals. It includes:
- The full text of the Canadian Human Rights Act, as amended
- Each section of the Act is annotated with commentary, digests of court and tribunal decisions, and cross-references to related provisions
- Appendices include: – Regulations under the CHRA – Select forms and guidelines from the Canadian Human Rights Commission – Select rules of procedure and practice notes from the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal – The full text of the Employment Equity Act, and Guide to the Employment Equity Review Tribunal
New in this edition
- Included in this edition are Covid-19-related case law and documents from the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal:
- CHRT Practice Direction for Electronic Conduct of Mediations and Hearings During the Covid-19 Emergency
This edition also includes the following new CHRT Rules, Policy and caselaw:
- New Canadian Human Rights Tribunal Rules of Procedure (2021) which comes into force on July 11, 2021.
- The new rules include some of the following changes:
- allowance for videoconference hearings;
- electronic service;
- sanctions for non-compliance with the Rules of Procedure;
- a rule allowing a panel to make orders to address vexatious conduct or abuse of process;
- pre-hearing rules including requirements to provide a list of documents and copies of each document intended to be introduced as evidence at a hearing and detailed requirements around the provision of statements of particulars;
- rules around record retention and access; and
- a rule establishing time limits for the issuance of decisions by the CHRT.